At least 6 months of professional teaching experience is required. This includes experiences accumulated outside of Japan.
2) My visa has less than 6 months remaining but I am planning to have it extended. Am I still eligible?
You may still attend our interview however we will not be able to introduce any students to you until you show us proof of your extension.
3) What visas or accompanying documents do I need to show at the interview?
To work for us you will need a valid visa that allows you to work. If you have a student visa for example, you must produce a certificate that shows us you are allowed to engage certain activities such as work.
4) How long is the interview?
The interview runs for about 40minutes to an hour.
5) What is the interview process?
The interview process begins with an introduction of both the interviewee and ABCkara.com. The interviewer will ask a few questions before explaining the policies and procedures of the company. The interviewee is given the opportunity to ask any questions after this. An application paper will be presented to the interviewee so that they can update their personal information. There will also be a written test and the interviewee is also expected to come prepared to teach a short demo lesson. If you are coming to our office for an interview please dress neatly and be on time.
6) Can ABCkara.com help sponsor my visa?
Since you are not paid directly from us, you are not an official employee. Therefore we are not able to sponsor your visa.
Teachers are paid directly by the student at the end of each lesson. For a trial lesson, you will be paid 1000 yen for 30 minutes. For a full lesson, you will be paid 2500 yen for 1 hour.
8) Can I ask the student to pay me on a monthly basis?
No. For management and protection, we do not allow teachers to charge students up front for lessons that they have not yet received.
9) Can students pay via direct deposit into my bank account?
No. It is inconvenient and costly for students to pay via that method.
10) Can the lesson fee be changed?
No. To be fair to all our students and teachers, the lesson fee must remain the same.
11) Do I get paid for my transportation cost?
Teachers and students are asked to meet at a central location between them. In these situations you are asked to cover your own transportation costs. In the event that you are required to meet the demands of a student and travel further, the transportation cost may be negotiated. In these cases, please contact us.
12) How many days in advance are teachers notified of their new student?
We try to give you as much notice as we can in between the offer and the actual trial lesson date. However, it is also possible that you will be offered a trial lesson for the following day depending on a studentfs request. Of course, you are free to decline it if it is inconvenient.
13) What happens if I am unable to come to a confirmed trial lesson?
You must contact us before 1pm the day before the trial lesson to cancel. If you cancel after this time you are required to give a free trial lesson to the student next time. If you do not turn up to a trial lesson and fail to inform us, you will be penalized an amount of money agreed on in the contract. Failure to pay will be considered a breach of contract.
14) What happens if the student is unable to come to a confirmed trial lesson?
If a student fails to turn up to a confirmed trial lesson, the teacher will be paid 1000 yen. However, if a student cancels a confirmed trial lesson, you will not be paid.
15) Is staff present during my 30 minutes trial lesson?
You are left alone with the student when you are conducting the 30 minutes trial lesson. The staff will return after the 30 minutes is up and you are free to leave after you are paid.
16) After the trial lesson, when am I informed of the result?
Once the student has successfully registered or gives us an answer.
17) Can I contact the student while waiting for the result?
During the trial lesson, you are not permitted to exchange any contact details. You must wait for our result before contacting the student. Failure to follow this procedure will be deemed a breach of contract.
18) What happens if I am unable to come to a confirmed lesson?
You must contact ABCkara.com or the student before 1pm the day before the lesson to cancel. If you cancel after this time you are required to give a free 30 minutes lesson to the student next time. If you do not turn up to a lesson and fail to inform us or the student you will be required to give a free 1 hour lesson next time or pay 3000 yen to ABCkara.com. Failure to do any will be considered a breach of contract.
19) Is there a set textbook or syllabus for ABCkara.com teachers?
No. We have recommended textbooks and resources but we ask you to customize your lessons according to your studentfs needs.
20) What happens if the student is unable to come to a confirmed lesson?
If a student cancels after 1pm on the day before the lesson or does not show up at the lesson without notice, the student is required to pay you the full lesson fee at the next lesson.